Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sugarless Scones

(Scones sem açucar)

Lately, I’m trying to restrain my weight improving. Unger is something I never loose, so I have to find ways of deceiving it. Taking some good amount of nutritious advices and a bit of common sense I look for some good healthy recipes and add my personal touch. In this one I left sugar off, add whole-wheat flour and increase the amount of milk. If you want to be purist replace the margarine by olive or soy oil.

Sugarless scones

200 gr whole-wheat flour
150 gr flour
1 pinch of salt
1 egg
75 gr butter
¼ l milk (a bit less is you want to make “proper” round scones)
100 gr dried dates/prunes/peaches/apricots)
50 gr of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
2 big tsps of baking powder

Heat the oven to 200ºC.

Start by chopping in small pieces the dried fruits (use an electric device for this). Mix the dried ingredients in a big bowl together with the fruits and seeds. Beat the whole egg and add the milk in a separate bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave in the lowest power. Make a hole in the middle of the flour, pour the butter and start mixing. Add the milk and egg. Mix everything well with a big knife but don’t over mix.

If you want you can cut round pieces of dough after rolling it at about 1 cm height (you have to use less milk, around 150 ml, depending on the type of flour you use and the dryness of the fruits).
I normally use a silicon mould for muffins; I pass first a brush in melted butter on each hole.

They bake for around 15 min but check them after 10 min.
Enjoy them for breakfast or tea with some margarine and organic jam.

I’ll post a picture soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home